What is cross-promotion?
Cross-promotion is a powerful marketing tactic that companies leverage to reach a wider audience. It involves two or more partners promoting each other’s products or services to their respective customer bases. By partnering with a trusted brand for cross-promotion, companies can enhance their credibility, while also reducing marketing expenses as the cost is shared between partners.
This is how it could look: A SaaS company partners with a data analytics firm. By cross-promoting each other’s products on social, newsletters, and more, they introduce their software to the data analytics firm’s customers who might find it useful, while the firm also gets to market their solutions to a new audience. It’s a win-win scenario, extending the reach of both parties beyond their existing customers.
Common cross-promotion examples and strategies include:
- Joint social media campaigns and giveaways
- Co-branded product or service offerings
- Guest blogging and thought leadership content collaborations
- Shared email newsletter promotions
- In-store displays and promotional materials
- Cross-promotional discount codes or vouchers
- Collaborative webinars or online events
- Co-hosted workshops or classes at conferences
- Loyalty program partnerships and rewards
- Joint sponsorship of community events
The goal of cross-promotion is to create mutually beneficial marketing opportunities. When exploring this strategy, you should select partners whose products or services complement your own and provide value to your customers.
Whether it’s through bundled promotions, guest blogging, shared webinars, or social media shout-outs, cross-promotion can offer a powerful boost to your brand visibility and sales.