What is partner ecosystem mapping?
Partner ecosystem mapping is a strategic process that can help you visualize and understand the relationships and dynamics within your full partner network. Just like an ecological map illustrates the various organisms and how they interact within an ecosystem, this mapping process helps you see the connections and interactions among your partners, customers, and your company.
Let’s say you’re in the SaaS industry. Your partner ecosystem might include resellers, integrators, service providers, and consultants. Each of these partners plays a different role in your ecosystem, caters to different customer segments, and provides their own unique value to your business.
Partner ecosystem mapping can be a powerful way to:
- Understand each partner’s role better
- See the interdependencies in place between partners
- Highlight potential areas of overlap or conflict among partners
- Help identify any new opportunities, such as underserved market segments or geographic areas
- Clarify the customer journey through your different partner types
A partner ecosystem map can be a simple diagram or a complex data visualization, depending on the size and complexity of your ecosystem. The key is to ensure it helps you make strategic decisions about managing and growing your partner program.
And remember, partner ecosystems are dynamic, not static. They will evolve as you add new partners, enter new markets, or launch new products. Therefore, it’s essential to update your partner ecosystem map regularly to reflect these changes.