What is a partner journey?
A partner journey refers to the entire lifecycle of your relationship with a strategic partner, right from the recruitment phase through to ongoing engagement and long-term growth. It’s like a roadmap that shows how you and your partners can work together effectively to reach your shared business goals.
Here’s how a typical partner journey might unfold:
- Recruitment: You identify potential partners who align with your business goals and convince them to join your partner program.
- Onboarding: Once they’ve agreed to join, you introduce your new partners to your products, systems, and processes. This could include training sessions, documentation, and access to support resources.
- Enablement: Here you equip your partners with the tools and training they need to sell and service your products effectively, from sales training to marketing materials.
- Engagement: Now it’s time to keep your partners active and invested. This includes regular communication, support, incentives, or opportunities for further training and development.
- Growth: Finally, you aim to grow together. This could mean driving more sales, entering new markets, working on co-marketing initiatives, or offering new service-based opportunities to the partner.
Throughout the partner journey, it’s crucial to monitor and measure your partner’s performance, as this can give you valuable insights to help optimize your partner journey in the future. Remember, each partner’s journey might look slightly different, depending on their specific needs and capabilities. Personalizing your approach to fit each partner can help build stronger, more productive relationships.