What are managed service providers (MSPs)?
Managed service providers, or MSPs, are companies that handle IT infrastructure and end-user system management for their clients, usually on a proactive basis and under a subscription model. These services can range from network, application, and system management to cybersecurity and data backup and beyond.
MSPs are a crucial type of partner in many industries. For technology companies, working with MSPs can extend your reach to customers who need to outsource their IT management, but still want to implement your solutions. Let’s say you’re a cybersecurity firm. By partnering with an MSP, you can offer your security solutions as part of a broader package of services that the MSP provides to its clients. This way, your software becomes an integral part of the client’s IT infrastructure, managed by the MSP, which can drive recurring revenue for both you and your partner.
Partnering with managed service providers can offer a wide range of benefits for businesses, including:
- Expertise and specialization: MSPs typically have a team of specialized professionals with expertise in various technologies and industry needs
- Focus on core business activities: Outsourcing services to an MSP allows your organization to focus on its core competencies and strategic development goals, rather than getting bogged down with management tasks
- Scalability: MSPs can scale their services up or down based on your business needs, which is especially valuable for businesses with fluctuating demands
- Improved customer experience: Ensure your customers have a great experience with your product, with 24/7 monitoring and maintenance, reduced downtime and disruptions, and more
- Enhanced security: MSPs stay up to date with the latest security measures and best practices, helping to protect your customers from potential breaches and data loss
- Compliance: Many industries have strict regulatory requirements, and MSPs can help you navigate and adhere to these regulations, ensuring your products and services stay compliant
- Global reach: If your business operates internationally or across multiple locations, MSPs can provide support to customers across the world
While MSPs offer numerous benefits, choosing the right partner is crucial as they can have a big impact on your customer’s overall success. Thoroughly evaluate potential MSPs to ensure they align with your specific needs and partner program goals. The more aligned you are with your MSP partner, the better the results for both parties.