What are channel operations?
Channel operations, or ChannelOps, include the day-to-day tasks and strategic efforts involved in managing and optimizing a company’s channel partner ecosystem. The main goal is to ensure smooth cooperation between you and your partners in order to grow your indirect sales programs.
Key tasks involved with channel operations might include:
- Channel optimization: Finding areas to boost efficiency, automate common processes, and set up workflows that better support partners
- Partner attribution: In a business world where multiple touchpoints often contribute to a single sale, clear attribution models can track partner contributions and measure effectiveness over time
- Partner enablement: Using a PRM platform to offer your partners the tools, resources, and training they need to succeed
- Channel strategy: Designing and implementing effective channel strategies, such as deciding which products to sell through which channels, bringing on new types of partners, or setting up partner incentives
- Channel analytics: Monitoring key performance metrics to measure your program’s effectiveness, track partner performance over time, and make data-driven decisions based on these insights
Other tasks related to tracking revenue, segmenting partners based on role or type, and running tiering programs may also fall under channel operations. An effective channel operations strategy is crucial to building a successful partner program, and can lead to increased sales, better relationships with your partners, and ultimately, happier customers.